Provide highly responsive networks with subscriber-aware traffic management systems
Traffic on LTE and 5G networks continues to grow at unprecedented levels. This is leading to an increased emphasis on the performance and reliability of networks and applications provided by a range of network traffic management policies. Often, general traffic information such as speeds and throughput are used to advocate these policies. "However, the growth in subscriber numbers, plan types and concurrent sessions resulted in the need for subscriber awareness to support subscriber‑based and session‑based policies. Real-time subscriber awareness or session awareness implemented via intelligent load balancing facilitates seamless forwarding and processing of traffic, continuous optimization of network capacity and the automation of traffic management functions in the mobile core.
Subscriber-aware network traffic management solutions are important for ensuring Quality of Service (QoS), improving network efficiency and ultimately increasing customer satisfaction. By optimizing network resources and prioritizing subscriber-aware 5G traffic management solutions, operators can fulfill high-bandwidth requirements while also minimizing network capacity – leading to a cost reduction.
Intelligent traffic processing and real-time network optimization with GTP correlation
Our GTP Subscriber Resolving Module (R&S®GSRM) enables operators to introduce subscriber and session awareness in the mobile core, especially for LTE and 5G NSA networks. R&S®GSRM correlates the GTP user plane and the GTP control plane IP network traffic to accurately and reliably identify subscribers and sessions in real time. Information provided by R&S®GSRM allows a network packet broker (NPB) to implement intelligent load balancing where packets are filtered and aggregated by a particular subscriber or session and forwarded to traffic management subsystems.
Within the mobile core, traffic management functionalities, such as routing, video traffic optimization, filtering, forwarding and content caching, receive an entire subscriber session in a single forwarding instance. This facilitates complete data visibility which leads to immediate and consistent treatment for all packets in a session. Apart from supporting traffic management policies based on subscriber or session thresholds, intelligent load balancing powered by R&S®GSRM is another network traffic management technique that enables the manipulation of packets for faster processing and lower intra-system redundancies. It also helps operators to improve network responsiveness while maintaining subscriber experience.
Subscriber-aware traffic management enables:
- Faster routing and forwarding decisions in the mobile core
- Fine-grained subscriber- and session-aware traffic management, for example session-based traffic prioritization
- Identification of network intensive operations
- Network optimization based on session and subscriber QoE
- Dynamic institution of traffic processing VNFs and CNFs
- Implementation of fair usage policies
- Intelligent congestion and peak traffic management
- Cache-enabled batch processing for increased throughput, for example content compression
- Session and subscriber-based AI-driven traffic management automation
R&S®GSRM features and capabilities for traffic management systems
- Multi-core architecture with linear scalability to satisfy high bandwidth demands
- High-performing and cost-effective subscriber resolution for LTE and 5G NSA networks
- Session metadata including cell location and bearer IDs
- Support of all standard network interfaces such as Gn, S1-U, S11 and S5
- Configurable input buffer and filter
- Easy-to-use REST APIs for seamless and fast integration
- Efficient total cost of ownership (TCO) from predictable costs and flexible SLAs
- Extension to 5G SA networks with R&S®5GSRM (to be launched soon)
Benefits of OEM subscriber
resolution software for traffic management functions
- Can be implemented in any network environment including physical and virtual machines
- Can be integrated into any end traffic management solution
- Operates on Intel architecture without any external dependencies
- Boasts extensive field testing and active deployments
- Reduces internal development and maintenance costs
- Excellent support and service from industry experts
Enhance subscriber and session identification with application awareness
Ready integration with the renowned, high-performing DPI engine R&S®PACE 2 for real-time classification of application and protocols. Reap the benefits of solution synergies in terms of higher processing speeds and consistent traffic tagging from a common set of inspection methods, analyses and algorithms.
Rely on advanced OEM DPI and GTP correlation software by ipoque developed and optimized for your needs to bring your network traffic management solution to the next level.