Real-time application awareness for network equipment and software vendors
R&S®PACE 2 adds IP traffic analytics capabilities to network analytics, traffic management and network security solutions. The software classifies thousands of applications and protocols, provides content and metadata extraction and delivers crucial information from IP traffic based on metrics and heuristics. Our DPI engine can classify IP traffic even if advanced obfuscation and encryption techniques are used. R&S®PACE 2 is a critical enabler for a more secure, reliable and efficient network.
Our experience - your benefit
Since 2005, we have shaped the market with our technically advanced DPI. Our DPI engine and its advanced features incorporate highly sophisticated technologies that support network equipment and software vendors in increasing network visibility and differentiating from the competition. By sourcing R&S®PACE 2, vendors add real-time application awareness to their products and keep up with the dynamic changes in protocols and applications. Integrating R&S®PACE 2 as a software component helps to save resources for your core business.
Features & benefits of R&S®PACE 2
- Outstanding data processing rates: up to 10 Gbps per core
- Ultra small memory footprint providing superior scalability
- Weekly protocols and signatures updates
- Fine-grained application control, extraction of metadata and classification of IP traffic
- Highest classification accuracy on the market with zero false positives
- Easy integration through open APIs and no vendor log in
- Platform flexibility: from Android cell phones to the cloud
- NAT/ mobile tethering transparency plug-in
- Network accelerator support: provides DPDK and Napatech integration
- Optimized to run in virtual environments: supports KVM, VMware, Hyper-V and Xen
- Enables network automation
By licensing R&S®PACE 2, software vendors and OEMs can
- Focus on core competencies to become more efficient and profitable
- Optimize your development schedule and accelerate time to market
- Reduce development and maintenance costs
- Ensure reliability and accuracy through weekly signature updates of R&S®PACE 2
- Maximize return on investment (ROI)
Classification of thousand of protocols and applications including:
- Protocols such as HTTP, SSL or BitTorrent
- Applications such as Facebook, Skype or Spotify
- Application attributes such as Skype video call or Skype text messaging
Supports over 5500 content and metadata parameters, including the extraction of:
- Content such as URLs and executable files
- Metadata such as bandwidth usage, traffic volume, connection duration or attachment types
- Quality of service /quality of experience indicators such as jitter, throughput or packet loss
We use highly automated testing frameworks and setups to detect any application change and to ensure that R&S®PACE 2 is always up-to-date.
This short video on YouTube gives a brief introduction to our DPI software R&S®PACE 2 and its functionality.
Software vendors and OEMs are embedding the DPI software R&S®PACE 2 for the most part into their solutions for traffic management, traffic analytics and network security.
Traffic management solutions cover use cases such as vEPC, SD-WAN and video streaming optimization for mobile network operators. Deep packet inspection in wireless access points can contribute to the smooth running of critical business operations and uncover new revenue opportunities.
In the field of traffic analytics, R&S®PACE 2 enables vendors to look into customer behavior and bandwidth demand. Network performance management (NPM) and application performance management (APM) solutions benefit from the network insights provided by our state-of-the-art DPI software.
When it comes to network security, the real-time application visibility of R&S®PACE 2 enhances solutions such as next-generation firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM or cloud based security solutions, among others.
Follow the links in the text to learn more about specific use cases for deep packet inspection.
Different support channels guarantee high product availability. We offer complete packages and adaptable service level agreements to satisfy customer expectations throughout the entire sales and product lifecycle. The following support channels are available:
- Online ticket tracking service
- Hotline service by support engineers with an emergency hotline available 24/7
- On-site support by consulting engineers