A growing number of mobile workers requires access to enterprise cloud applications, while employees use shadow IT in the local corporate network. Enforcing security and traffic management policies may by no means restrict the use of enterprise applications hosted in public clouds, though. To maintain network security and availability equally, full traffic visibility is required.
The integration of DPI-powered protocol and application classification allows firewalls to classify network traffic up to the application level in real time. Application visibility enables firewalls to control access permission, prioritization or deprioritization and facilitates quality of service optimization of business-critical applications. Above all, uninterrupted access to cloud services is granted at any time while the corporate network is reliably protected against threats and malware.
Benefits of sourcing R&S®PACE 2
- Manage large network traffic volumes
- Quickly and accurately identify applications and protocols
- Classify VPN protocols with market-leading coverage
- Preserve bandwidth and speed up business-critical applications to ensure business continuity
- Reduce costs associated with developing, implementing, QA-testing and maintaining an in-house DPI
- Assure real-time security and policy control